Based in the World!
April 8th, 2016 (Steam Early-Access)
PLAY, CREATE, PARTY! Tower Unite is an MMO party game set in a virtual world and packed with minigames, entertainment, activities, and no microtransactions. Tower Unite is a living, evolving world, fueled by the community. Players can join multiplayer games of different genres, play with friends, and make new friends from around the world!
The main appeal of Tower Unite is its variety of gameplay! Here’s how it works: play one of the dozens of games available in the Plaza and Game Worlds, earn Units (the in-game currency), and use those Units to buy new items to customize your avatar and virtual home. All of these features come together to form a great environment for creative minds and lovers of gaming in all of its forms.
HistoryStandards and Passion
We appreciate MMOs and other virtual world multiplayer games, and we care about creating a more accessible gaming experience without microtransactions or other additional purchases. All items and upgrades in Tower Unite are obtained from the in-game currency gained by playing games or from experience earned exploring the Plaza.
As an ambitious project with an evolving team, Tower Unite has been in development for 5 years. We strive to communicate as openly as possible with our community about our development process and progress with weekly developer blogs and consistent updates. We want our community to be a part of our process, have a good time, and feel like they’re getting a worthwhile experience that reflects our passion for it.Mods (2009-2015)
Originally, our team created GMod Tower, a mod for the sandbox game Garry’s Mod. GMod Tower featured a virtual world with access to different games, activities, and personalization options. The mod had a thriving community that boasted over 250,000 players, and the team dabbled with other mods like a virtual Cinema and Elevator:Source. GMod Tower, in the meantime, evolved into Tower Unite.Tower Unite (2015 - now)
After development progressed further, we decided that GMod Tower should no longer be limited to the confines of a mod. That's why we created Tower Unite: to build off of the core ideas that made GMod Tower so successful. As stated above, Tower Unite is a game full of minigames, outlets for creativity, and social experiences. It has quite the extensive list of features, as stated below.
- Join servers to meet and socialize with players from around the world.
- Play online multiplayer games of various genres with friends.
- Race friends and strangers in Game Worlds such as Ball Race.
- Golf in 10 charming settings such as Treasure Cove, the Kingdom, and Garden.
- Work together to face down foes in Little Crusaders, Zombie Massacre, and Virus.
- Interact with dozens of items like hot dogs, paper airplanes, and jetpacks.
- Adopt your very own pet cat, dog, rock, or watermelon.
- Participate in themed holiday events and get exclusive holiday items.
- Explore the many locations of the Plaza and Boardwalk!
- Earn perks and items based on experience and play time.
- Customize your avatar with hats, glasses, outfits, and more.
- Design the layout of your personal space (the Condo) with furniture and interactive toys.
- Enjoy free updates, developer support, and no microtransactions!
- Collect tons of unique items with Steam Inventory support.
- Watch synchronized video streams in a virtual theater or Condo.
- Utilize our Steam Workshop support for custom player models, furniture, and building tools.
- ...and more!
Lobby 3 YouTube
Minigolf Trailer YouTube
Little Crusaders Trailer YouTube
Plaza Introduction YouTube
Condo Introduction YouTube
Workshop Condos YouTube
Co-op Condos YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Unreal Grant" https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/epic-games-awards-80k-in-unreal-dev-grants, 30 June, 2016
Our project was funded by our loving community. indiegogo.com.
About PixelTail Games
PixelTail Games LLC is a small independent video game company. We are the creators of Tower Unite, GMod Tower, and Elevator: Source.
More information on PixelTail Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.